Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Renaissance Faire N' Stuff


Karl here!

Ah, here we are once again its time for another blog. Not too much has happened since the last time we wrote but we can sure come up with something to share with you.

It has been a crazy couple of weeks, we have been trying to find apartments and stuff. For a while we were given the privilege of house sitting for some members in our ward and it was great. It was nice to play "house" for a couple of weeks. I wasn't used to having the responsibility taking out the trash and I forgot to take it out. Once or twice. But other than that it was nice having a place all to ourselves.

As time went on we tried looking for our own place that we could call home but out here it seems that people who run apartments are just way too picky these days. We tried a couple different apartments and got the same answer. You both don't have much rental experience and another excuse was that Emily was too new at her job. Im like WHAT?! that makes no sense. So after looking everywhere we gave up in a sense. I thought about it once and I figured it might just be smart to hold off getting an apartment and work off any debts that we had and save up to get a nicer apartment.

But then this past Sunday I was thinking about school a lot and I decided to take a peek at BYU-I. I never ever wanted to go there to be honest. The main reason being that it was just so stereotypical. " A Mormon going to BYU? That doesn't surprise me." But it wasn't until I started to look around I got a very good feeling about it and I have decided to shove those thoughts to the side and try to attend there. I have been rejected once so I have to go and retake my ACT, but I think that I might try out the SAT. I hear its easier. Who knows.

Either way I would love to finally start going to college and move on with life. Get a good job and start a family. But that will be a while from now I imagine. So I'm sure all of Emily's family is shrieking with excitement at the thought of her being closer. I don't blame them, this girl is wonderful and they love her like crazy so I am sure they want her "back".

Here are some pictures for your enjoyment.


Emily and I went to Target and she had fun trying on gardening stuff, except those boots suctioned to her feet and she had a hard time getting them off. 
Emily and I recently got to go to the Des Moines Renaissance Faire and had some fun looked at an old commoner court trial and jousting and sword fighting. Emily was most excited about getting her face painted. While she was waiting I guess some triplets cut in front of her delaying her beautification. It was ok though she got a cool story while waiting for 45 minutes. This was a quote from her Facebook
"Today we went to the renaissance fair, and I went to get my face painted. In front of me was a little girl about 4 years old, born with her face looking a little different and having deformed hands. [There were some triplets who were asking her why she looked so funny, making her cry, which broke my heart. Their mom was explaining to them that she was born like that, just like people look at them because they were born triplets.] When she was done getting her face painted and the lady showed her in the mirror, she brought her 3-fingered hands to her face in amazement at how pretty she looked, and it made me tear up just at how happy she was about it."
Pretty cool.

Emily in the middle of getting her face painted.


The final product. She is really pretty huh?

Later on we went and tried out some of the old time games like axe throwing. The one that I am pointing at is obviously mine Emily threw 3 and so did I except she hit two on the same spot. The guy running the booth told me to run away. I just might or at least if I am handcuffed to a drainage pipe in a sinking boat I can count on her to break the cuffs. Titanic by the way.



 Us getting ready for some archery.


 
Look at that form.




We had a blast. 

No comments:

Post a Comment